jasonruzicka

Broken design after saving and reopening the file

Last night I purchased Affinity Designer from App Store for my MacBook Pro and created a couple of logos for t-shirts. Then this morning, I opened the saved file to continue working on the logos, but the design appeared broken. I was disappointed after spending $50 on this product and want to request a refund. 

Original.png

Broken.png

Hi jasonruzicka,

Welcome to the forum! :)

We can of course arrange a refund for you if that's what you would like? If you can provide the file I would be happy to look into this for you.

You can upload the original .afdesign file here.

Thanks for the file.

If you had purchased the software through the Affinity Store, then the Refund procedure is descried in the Affinity store help pages and the emails you got when you ordered the software. However as you purchased from the Mac App Store (or the Microsoft store) then Serif have no record of your purchase as you are a customer of Apple (or Microsoft respectively).

In your case you will need to contact Mac App Store Customer Support to request a refund. You can contact them here: https://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/  Some here have said that it is straightforward and some have said it is difficult to get money back from Apple, either way we have no influence, sorry.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Hi jasonruzicka,

Thanks for providing the file. 

I have looked into this for you and it appears that the error is caused by the path end points being coincident. You will notice in your document that when you have the text highlighted, it shows the handles overlapping. This causes an issue with the alignment of the text on the path which should not be happening. I have reported this to the developers to be fixed in a future update. :)

I have rectified this for you in your document and have attached it to my post. You should find this displays correctly for you. 

Jason Ruzicka - hawaiiShirt 4.afdesign

Hey there jasonruzicka,

I understand your frustration here. Totally agree, It's a little bothersome putting

work into something that will change without your knowledge, but I wouldn't

be quick to entirely give up on Affinity Designer. For me, AD is definitely a godsend for

people in the industry who refuse to pay thousands for essentially the same software. 

This might sound like I work for them, or they're paying me for a positive comment, lol. 

Just a happy camper here, since unsubscribing from Ai.

I really respect what the team at Affinity are doing here.

They have every reason to charge WAY more than $50, but they don't, so they're all cool af in my book.

Hang in there my man, they will listen to your problems here, and will roll out the updates in the future.

Cheers !