You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I have an icon vector template that for some reason, has a a subtly different colour to the icons deployed in my application.

I would like to be able to apply an adjustment to my template to bring its colour inline with those in my application.

There are areas in the icon template with uniform colour (#7CC147), so is there a way I can make an adjustment so these areas will become (#1DC021), and all other colours in the icon will be adjusted accordingly?

Thanks

• Staff

Hi tallyho,

Welcome to the forums :)

There's currently no find and replace feature for fills in Affinity, nor do we have an adjustment layer that can automatically adjust colours based on one colour change. You will have to create separate recolour adjustments, masked to each colour you wish to change, or change the fills manually.

Is this a feature you have seen elsewhere? Simply it's not an adjustment type I've heard of before!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Just for laughs I can get it to RGB (30:192:33) which is (1EC021) and the 1DC021 is RGB (29:192:33) using a HSL adjustment layer.

Why can't you just select all the vector parts that you need to be 1DC021 and just change them from the colour panel?

maybe a screen grab would help understand your dilemma a bit more.

Re adjusting other colours accordingly you mean a colour shift en masse 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hard to advise without seeing the document/template but the Levels adjustment in the attached file should change the 1st rectangle (#7CC147) to the same colour as the second rectangle (#1DC021)

Copy just this adjustment layer to your template(?) at the top most layer and see if it adjusts all other colours as you want them.

colours.afdesign

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

Just for laughs I can get it to RGB (30:192:33) which is (1EC021) and the 1DC021 is RGB (29:192:33) using a HSL adjustment layer.

Why can't you just select all the vector parts that you need to be 1DC021 and just change them from the colour panel?

maybe a screen grab would help understand your dilemma a bit more.

Re adjusting other colours accordingly you mean a colour shift en masse 

Yes, a colour shift en masse

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

Hard to advise without seeing the document/template but the Levels adjustment in the attached file should change the 1st rectangle (#7CC147) to the same colour as the second rectangle (#1DC021)

Copy just this adjustment layer to your template(?) at the top most layer and see if it adjusts all other colours as you want them.

colours.afdesign

Carl, thats perfect! thanks very much, is this a process I could repeat in the future?

Unfortunately I had to use Affinity Photo to do it as I needed to use the View > Studio > Info panel to constantly sample the colour to be changed for me to be able to accurately input the values into the Levels Adjustment.

Affinity Designer does not have a View > Studio > Info panel. But fortunately as the two programs work together just copying the Levels adjustment layer to Affinity Designer retained the values.

I did not try to do it just using Affinity Designer as since I paid for both programs I like getting my money's worth but someone else may see another accurate way to do it just using Designer.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.