You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Clone brush fails in 1.7

Other than with 1.6.5 clone brush fails in 1.7.209. Workflow seems ok, but there is no effect on insert. No error message detected. Windows 7 operating system latest updates. Failure is persistent even after reboot of operating system. Did anyone else see that behaviour?

Works OK for me (Windows 8.0)

Can you upload a full program screenshot showing the clone brush tool selected and the layers panel

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

And for me works ok. Just test it again - work as expected.

Win10 x64 1907, 16G RAM, Core i7 + Wacom Cintiq 12WX Interactive Pen Display - Affinity Photo  1.7.3.481 + Beta 1.8.0.526, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Corel Draw X7, ArtCAM 2015 R2
iOS 13.1.0, iPad Pro 10.5, 64GB + Apple Pencil - Procreate 5.0.2, Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3

7 hours ago, Chris B said:

It's fine for me too. It is likely a setting such as Opacity or Flow or maybe the Source. As carl123 suggested, a full UI screenshot would be the best way forward here so we can see what you're working with.

I haven't seen it for a while, but Photo had the nasty habit of jumping opacity to zero. I was chided in here a bit as it must have been something I had done - a legitamate point for the first instance, but I caught it doing that several other times. Something must have triggered it but I could never figure out what it was.

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.