You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How long does the trial version for desktop last as of today?

Hi.

10 days, starting from the day you first open the app

IOW, if you "open" it for the first time today, the trial will end 10 days later, whether or not you have opened it again in the meantime.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

@StevenS

Thank you for this post, and my apologies to @IsabelAracama for the error in my reply to you!

Jeff

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

26 minutes ago, StevenS said:

Hi @IsabelAracama,

The trial period begins from the moment you install the app, and not the first time you open the app.

Out of interest, did this change recently as every man and his dog (including Serif staff) previously said it started when your first opened the app?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Out of interest, did this change recently as every man and his dog (including Serif staff) previously said it started when your first opened the app?

I didn't think I'd imagined that to be the case!

• Staff
6 minutes ago, carl123 said:

You have me questioning myself now...

My response is what we all believe to be the case here in Customer Service based on the number of emails that we receive along the lines of "Can you extend my trial? I never even used the app, I just installed it with intentions of trying it out when I got the chance" (or words to that effect). I'll dig a bit deeper and get back to you all with a definitive answer.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.