razorpig

Gradient stroke issue when applied to Style

Hi,

I just created a rectangle in Affinity Designer, applied a gradient to the fill and the stroke and created a new Style from it called My Style (shot_0.jpg)

I created a second rectangle exactly the same size as the first and applied the style to it, but the gradient stroke looks different (shot_1.jpg). You can clearly see it's not as dark in the top left hand corner.

I checked the gradient fill of the stroke on the new rectangle using the fill tool and found the gradient slider still in it's original position (shot_3.jpg).

I am assuming this is a bug? If not, can someone try and explain this behaviour?

shot_0.JPG

shot_1.JPG

shot_2.JPG

I was able to duplicate the problem. It appears the gradient for the stroke does not move to the same position as the new rectangle's stroke. I has a style made previously that also had a fill and stroke gradient. It did the same thing. The stroke gradient needed to be moved to the positions of the other shapes.

I haven't had a chance to see if the problem is also in the 1.7 beta.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

It must be a bug. I created a new document and applied the style to five identical squares - they all look different ( see attached ).

When you select the fill tool and choose Stroke from the context dropdown, the gradient slider is in the same position as it was when the Style was created, even though the original shape doesn't exist.

Hopefully this'll be resolved in the next update. Who knows, maybe we'll even get a rotation setting in the Gradient tab while they're at it ;-)

shot_3.JPG