[By Design] Icons on Windows 10

This is not strictly speaking a bug but a very irritating behaviour.
As soon as I download a Beta version, its icon replaces the one of the released version in Windows Explorer for the files created with it, which causes unexpected situations.
In my case the first Designer Beta 1.7 never worked and if I forgot to open an existing file by choosing the program by right-clicking, the Beta would start and stop.
Even worse, I downloaded the Photo Beta a few days ago and since then it's its icon that appears, even for Designer files, and of course, if I open AD files directly, it's Photo that opens, which I absolutely don't want.
Each type of icon (beta or release) should be automatically associated with its program, the user should not have to choose the program to launch to open a file. For now, it's as if the programs share the same icon, each time the last Beta installed.

Icônes Affinity.jpg

Affinity Store: Designer 1.7.3.481, Photo 1.7.3.481, Publisher 1.7.3.481.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.418.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

Hello Pšenda,

I know I posted this message, but regarding the versions of the same application, since some features of the Beta version are of course not available in the current version, I don't want to open and modify in the Beta my old files in order to keep them open in the current version.
But since the Designer files are now opened by the Photo Beta and everyone seems to find this behavior normal (it's not the same application anymore), I will uninstall the AD and AP Beta files and wait for the release versions.

Just to tackle this confusion I use XNviewMP
I can set multiple programs for the context menu(rightclick) to open with
Just to view or edit a file and in what version or program

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

27 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Just to tackle this confusion I use XNviewMP
I can set multiple programs for the context menu(rightclick) to open with
Just to view or edit a file and in what version or program

Thanks haakoo for the method, if I think about using the right click in the explorer I can choose the right program, the problem is that I have the reflex to make a double click!
I also use XnView and even after choosing the default program I don't always have the right-click reflex and the files open with APh Beta, I am incorrigible.
Thank you again for your answer, have a good day.

2 hours ago, reglico said:

I know I posted this message

I just did not want to write again, that Beta does not have permission to set up associations, if you have Release version :-)

Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

3 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

I just did not want to write again, that Beta does not have permission to set up associations, if you have Release version :-)

No problem, don't worry, I didn't take your message badly! :)

Hi all,

Thanks for raising this issue - we have closed it as "by design", as it has already been replied in the thread previously quoted 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Thank you, the reaction in the linked thread.