You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD] Modifier to ignore the handle when grabbing a node

It would really be handy if there were a modifier key that restricts the node tool from grabbing a handle.  The attached picture is zoomed in over 2 million percent and no handle is showing, but if I try to move that node I move a handle instead which screws up the opposite handle and it's path.  If I opt click on the node both handles are deleted and because I can't see the single handle I can't opt click on it to delete just the hidden handle.

1806497794_ScreenShot2019-01-20at11_16_55AM.png.f50b07beb37ddc1ef0e9e6bcbb7c167b.png

I know there is a work around, I can ctrl drag the node which leaves both handles locked in position.  Move the node to where the handle is exposed.  Opt click on the handle.  Then ctrl drag the node back where it was, but this creates the second handle again which will now be exposed so I can opt click on the handle to get rid of it again.  Phew that's easy. :S

I guess I could opt drag the node which would disconnect the handles causing the hidden one to be dragged out from behind the node then opt click on the exposed handle to delete it.  Then go ahead and drag the node.  That is easier but a modifier would still be easier.  Please consider it.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra