You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Questions about Transform and selection

Questions about Transform and selection

Hi im new to Affinity Photo iPad version,and i love this app so much.Affinity Photo has everything i want same as PC version!

but i can not find ways to solve these two problems.this 2 problems really slow my work....

1 is how can i free transform a layer shape to any shape i want ,i mean i just want to move one point (of four) drag to different shapes.

2 is how can i re select a selection in a fast way,

i mean re select the selection. not from history or redo, image the edit history is already lost, you can not re-select by tap the Re-Select in menu.

i can do this in Affinity Photo PC version in a fast way by Ctrl+Shift+O , but how to in iPad version?

Thanks so much!

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Staff

Hi tsinghuazhu and Welcome to the Forums,

If you Convert the shape to Curves, you can then use the Node tool to alter the shape by moving the different nodes.

As for Selections, you can save them as a spare channel and then reinstate it again by loading that channel.  If you look up Saving and Loading Selections in the inbuilt help file on the iPad, it covers the full process :) 

14 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi tsinghuazhu and Welcome to the Forums,

If you Convert the shape to Curves, you can then use the Node tool to alter the shape by moving the different nodes.

As for Selections, you can save them as a spare channel and then reinstate it again by loading that channel.  If you look up Saving and Loading Selections in the inbuilt help file on the iPad, it covers the full process :) 

Thank you for reply! your solution solved my Q2 prefectly! Now i know how to do that! 0w0

But for Q1 i still feeling confused, If i draw shape , i can convert to shape to curves and moving the different nodes perfectly.

But if it is not a shape, it is an imported picture or something, how can i do that? i see the Convert to Cuives order in menu,but it seems not working with imported pics.

Make selection.in channel studio save selection. Reload selection when needed. See recording.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

2 hours ago, DM1 said:

Make selection.in channel studio save selection. Reload selection when needed. See recording.

EC7E0155-8B69-4C28-A333-C5D0F5D9C3D4.MOV

Thank you so much for detailed video recording.Learn alot from it! THX!

but Question1 is still not solve. I can draw a shape and change it.But seems not work for such as imported picture. T_T.

@tsinghuazhu Imported picture? How was it imported? What does the layer label say? Pixel, image?....other? Sorry I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do.

Convert to curves only works with vector shapes, not images/pixel layers.

Try this.. Tap the layer with the image. Now tap the Selection tool (arrow head).  Tap the image and you should now see nodes on each corner. Tap and drag any node too resize image.

To reshape an image you need to use the Perspective filter. See below.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

1 hour ago, DM1 said:

@tsinghuazhu Imported picture? How was it imported? What does the layer label say? Pixel, image?....other? Sorry I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do.

Convert to curves only works with vector shapes, not images/pixel layers.

Try this.. Tap the layer with the image. Now tap the Selection tool (arrow head).  Tap the image and you should now see nodes on each corner. Tap and drag any node too resize image.

To reshape an image you need to use the Perspective filter. See below.

Thank you so much ,SOLVED!!! 

I've never thought this tool is in filters!  Thank you! LOL