You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing resource..how to prevent?

My folder structure contains publisher documents and images and other resources, each to its own folder, inside of a parent job folder.

I just launched the latest version of a book I'm working on and I'm being asked to locate missing resources. This is a first. Also, I have several hundred images in my document..it feels like I'm going to be asked to re-link all of them, since it hasn't told me how many resources it can't find.

Shouldn't a publisher file "know" to look in the folder from which I got the images? And, once I've taught it where the images reside, couldn't it do the relinking itself..taking advantage of the power of the computer?

Hmm, did you maybe changed the Publisher version, or the folder/file structure? - Also I thought that linking (just referencing and not copying inside) in it's current state doesn't realy work so far (?).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

The folder/file structure is the same, created prior to creating the first publisher file.

I have installed Publisher updates.

if I need to-relink the literally hundreds of images...wow...ugh

Edit: as it turns out, Publisher asked me to re-link only a handful of images. I would welcome a feature that would enable something like "Here's where all the pictures are, now go git 'em!"

Maybe due to this ...

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

Updates and Fixes

Master Pages

Due to the changes in Master Page functionality in this build we strongly suggest you backup any documents that are valuable to you before testing.

It is now possible to edit the content of Master Page Text Frames and Picture Frames directly from a spread the master is applied to. By default, on editing, the content attribute for the item in question is automatically unlinked, but the other attributes and geometry remain locked. It is also possible to entirely lock the Master Page instance if desired, to prevent unintended content edits. Finally options are available to edit all attributes of Master Page items linked - the Master Page and any other pages it is applied to will be updated - or to edit all attributes unlinked - only the copy on the current spread will be updated. In both of these cases an information bar is displayed while the editing ‘mode’ is active. ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2