You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On the subject of master pages

1. APub crashes when I drag&drop an image from Explorer to a picture frame on a master page (within a normal page!). There is no message. The program is simply closed.
  2. In the "Edit Frame Content" mode, individual elements of the master layer cannot be hidden. Is that the plan? If yes, then the checkboxes for visibility should be dimmed. At the moment one has the impression that something is not working properly.
  3. In Edit Frame Content mode, it is not possible to reset formatted text to Standard (Revert defaults button) or No Style (Text Styles panel).
  4. According to the help, it is possible to create hierarchical master pages. How this works, however, is largely unclear to me. I can combine several master pages. That is clear. But how can you create a fast and efficient system of parent and child master pages in this way?

Notes to point 4.:

I'm starting to understand the logic behind it. Serif understands higher-level master pages as parts of other master pages. Several of these master pages can be assigned to one or more so-called subordinate master pages. A master page can therefore consist of several other master pages. The master pages therefore behave towards themselves in the same way as these behave towards normal pages, which I think is very good.

Only the superordinate master pages are edited later, and the subordinate master pages are assigned exclusively to the pages.

The user should develop an intelligent naming system so that he doesn't lose the overview. This is the price for flexibility 9_9

On Windows 7 I have none of yours 1-3 problems. Did restarting APub or the PC resolve this?

For point 4, an intelligent naming system, and possibility to reorder them + global layers would be fine :)
(and a visual indicator on the pages too about which MP is used, it'll be faster than waiting for the tooltip, when scrolling hundred of pages for the next page using some specific Master Page).

1 hour ago, Wosven said:

On Windows 7 I have none of yours 1-3 problems. Did restarting APub or the PC resolve this?

It remains with the problems 1-3.
Maybe I didn't express myself very clearly: You have to be on a normal side to reproduce it.  Not on one of the master pages.

Ok, in the same context I've got it too:

1. Yes, on a normal page, we can place/replace image, but not drop an image in a block from a master page
  2. Same, and we can't detach anymore the objects from master page.
  3. I was able to apply different p. & c. styles and [no style], not revert.

4. About the master page, there's a bug. Modifying a parent master page (for example the one with only page number) doesn't show modifications on pages and on children master pages.

And we can only modify text and text styles in a text frame from a master page. We can't modify background color, add border…

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.