Sign in to follow this  
Old Bruce

a Weird typing bug I Encountered in .221

The title has demonstrated the problem. When I am typing in Publisher words following a single letter word such as "a" "I" are automatically capitalized. Is there some esoteric setting for this which I have not noticed before? It doesn't happen with pasted or imported text.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.8.3 | Affinity Photo 1.8.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.3.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.3.180 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.3.627

15 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

The title has demonstrated the problem. When I am typing in Publisher words following a single letter word such as "a" "I" are automatically capitalized. Is there some esoteric setting for this which I have not noticed before? It doesn't happen with pasted or imported text.

Preferences, Auto-Correct. It is a stupid entry. Personally, I have shut off Auto-Correct's "Replace text while typing" checkbox and have only some of the checkboxes in the section above this section checked.

capture-002477.png.c0f3b960324e2058397e6a33d9591b1b.png

It's not about "i" becoming "I", Mike, but about "a weird" becoming "a Weird" with a capital W.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.3.641 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.3.641 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.3.627 Beta.

20 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

It's not about "i" becoming "I", Mike, but about "a weird" becoming "a Weird" with a capital W.

It is also about the cap I as demonstrated in the body of the post.

APub's bug in this regard has to do with a single letter beginning a sentence with this setting checked:

capture-002478.png.3c11e3fcf51e9de94d0cd669413e7e5c.png

Guess it doesn't think it is proper to begin a sentence with a single letter. Here it does not matter what single letter I begin a sentance with. Turning it off seems to correct things here.

9 minutes ago, MikeW said:

APub's bug in this regard has to do with a single letter beginning a sentence with this setting checked:

capture-002478.png.3c11e3fcf51e9de94d0cd669413e7e5c.png

Guess it doesn't think it is proper to begin a sentence with a single letter. Here it does not matter what single letter I begin a sentance with. Turning it off seems to correct things here.

Thanks for finding this for me. I can live with hitting the shift key when starting a new sentence, it is after all the way I type. But it is definitely a bug. In that a word in the middle of a sentence should not look like "... In that a Word in the middle of a Sentence should...". it should look like "... In that a word in the middle of a sentence should ...".

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.8.3 | Affinity Photo 1.8.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.3.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.3.180 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.3.627