You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

a Weird typing bug I Encountered in .221

The title has demonstrated the problem. When I am typing in Publisher words following a single letter word such as "a" "I" are automatically capitalized. Is there some esoteric setting for this which I have not noticed before? It doesn't happen with pasted or imported text.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

15 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

The title has demonstrated the problem. When I am typing in Publisher words following a single letter word such as "a" "I" are automatically capitalized. Is there some esoteric setting for this which I have not noticed before? It doesn't happen with pasted or imported text.

Preferences, Auto-Correct. It is a stupid entry. Personally, I have shut off Auto-Correct's "Replace text while typing" checkbox and have only some of the checkboxes in the section above this section checked.

capture-002477.png.c0f3b960324e2058397e6a33d9591b1b.png

It's not about "i" becoming "I", Mike, but about "a weird" becoming "a Weird" with a capital W.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

APub's bug in this regard has to do with a single letter beginning a sentence with this setting checked:

capture-002478.png.3c11e3fcf51e9de94d0cd669413e7e5c.png

Guess it doesn't think it is proper to begin a sentence with a single letter. Here it does not matter what single letter I begin a sentance with. Turning it off seems to correct things here.

9 minutes ago, MikeW said:

APub's bug in this regard has to do with a single letter beginning a sentence with this setting checked:

capture-002478.png.3c11e3fcf51e9de94d0cd669413e7e5c.png

Guess it doesn't think it is proper to begin a sentence with a single letter. Here it does not matter what single letter I begin a sentance with. Turning it off seems to correct things here.

Thanks for finding this for me. I can live with hitting the shift key when starting a new sentence, it is after all the way I type. But it is definitely a bug. In that a word in the middle of a sentence should not look like "... In that a Word in the middle of a Sentence should...". it should look like "... In that a word in the middle of a sentence should ...".

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.