I would find it helpful if each new thread needed to have the actual version/program as a tag. No point for the likes of myself with Photo only looking too much at Designer threads

Cheers

I don't think the forum software is capable of doing this, but I agree mandatory tags would be a help in searching and filtering but so would a clear and concise title and explanation of the issue when the OP creates a new topic.

The forum software is capable of sub forums hint! hint!

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

Aside from the forum software probably not being able to support mandatory tags, please keep in mind that this is a support site for a range of commercial software products. That includes pre-purchase support questions about which product would be best for some use, general licensing questions, feature requests & feedback that may apply to any number of products (including ones Serif has no current interest in developing), a resources section for sharing things that often are usable in multiple apps, a subsection for customer account & purchase related issues, & so on.

So in many cases there is no one app or version tag that would be appropriate. In addition to that, from my experiences in other support forums (most notably Apple's) creating too many sub-forums is not a very good idea because people not very familiar with the site or the products either feel intimidated & just give up, not posting anything; or just pick a forum at random (usually one near the top of the list) & post to that.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Affinity Store: Designer 1.7.2.471, Photo 1.7.2.471, Publisher 1.7.2.471.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.295.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.