Also, still related to organizing the project, if there was a way to navigate through the layers using the up/down arrows would be amazing. For cases like this, that I have to guess which stick is in which position.

image.png.92dfe868e35d832400125ecb4c6749cc.png

I think...

CTRL+ALT+[   and  CTRL+ALT+]

does that

(Windows)

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

If I have understood your requirement correctly

It's the default shortcuts assigned to the menu options

Select > Select Next and Select > Select Previous

(They may be different on a Mac?)

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

In fact, there are the options. They were working when I clicked in the menu context, but not with the shortcut.

I just rewrote them with the same Ctrl + Alt + [ ] and they started working. Thanks, man!

Now, a nice addition to this would be being able to open groups while navigating with the keyboard. Like up/down to navigate and left/right to open/close groups.

I don't know if people use this kind of navigation, but I'm just used to it because of apps like Cinema 4D. It's really handy when you can access any layers and rename them without clicking around. Cinema 4D, actually, should be a reference for menu navigation.

If you right-click a Group you get an option to Expand Selection (and Collapse Selection) but I do not think you can assign a keyboard shortcut to it.

I believe someone requested this ability in late 2016 but you might want to post a new request for it in the "Feature Requests" section of the forum as that request may have been "missed"

17 minutes ago, Kheewz said:

Hmm, I see. Callum said he was moving this thread. Do I still need to make a new post in "Feature Requests"?

It looks as though @Callum got distracted before he had a chance to move it! Let’s hope he comes back to the thread and moves it now that I’ve tagged him.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)