You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grids not aligning correctly

Maybe this isn't a bug, and I'm just missing something obvious, but it looks to me like either some kind of rounding error, or the origin position is off. Or possibly both.

Can anyone tell me why the baseline grid and the document grid don't align here? They get further apart as I scroll down the page, hence me suspecting a rounding error.

Screenshot 2019-01-18 at 14.40.10.png

Screenshot 2019-01-18 at 14.48.13.png

Hi somnolentsurfer

It looks like on Mac the baseline grid only conforms to whole points where as the grid will do decimals. If you set both to 12 they will line up. also there is an issue where at certain zooms the grid is not starting correctly from the 0,0 point of the document. This does work fine one Windows so I shall get it reported if not already

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

6 minutes ago, Chris_K said:

Hi somnolentsurfer

It looks like on Mac the baseline grid only conforms to whole points where as the grid will do decimals. If you set both to 12 they will line up. also there is an issue where at certain zooms the grid is not starting correctly from the 0,0 point of the document. This does work fine one Windows so I shall get it reported if not already

Cheers

Thanks. You mean both parts work on Windows and should be reported? I see what you mean about the zoom, but on my further testing it seemed like it was the baseline grid that was behaving as expected, and the document grid that was rounding to one decimal place. I'm trying to set up a baseline grid that divides equally by the page height. That does appear to line up correctly, whereas the document grid does not.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.