kdahlstrand

AD - Export bug - Layer effects messed up - Jagged outlines

Hi,
I am having problems with my current project I am working on. 

I am making a chessboard with pieces. If I export only one piece, it looks great, clean smooth outlines. But, if I export the whole chessboard with pieces some outline effects becomes jagged lines instead of smooth outlines.

If you look at the two attached pictures you will easily see which one is the exported one and which is a screen shot from AD (how it should look after the export).

Please get back to me soon, I have a deadline very close and I can't finish my project as it is now. I would be very happy if a developer can look at my project file.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: It is not that the second picture is zoomed in (pixelated), the problem is the extra dots that have appeared (on the chest and on the lower part of the mouth). 

1691417148_Screenshot2019-01-18at08_51_55.thumb.png.62772bea612e688435b0dea90e429444.png1643455966_Screenshot2019-01-18at08_53_32.png.db3abef653661bfd3f75953333898e15.png

Thank you for providing the file. 

The issue is that you have 2 curves very close to each other and the antialias/precise clipping will feather them out. 

To preview this better, do the following:

Go to Preferences > Performance > turn on "Use precise clipping". 

Precise clipping will always occur during export, so it's a good idea to have it on, just to make sure your design exports correctly. 

Next, turn on Retina Pixel View Mode. image.png

Now, select the F1 bishop layer, as it's a better example. 

image.png

These 2 layers are causing the artefacts:

image.png

Delete them, zoom in/out to refresh the screen and it will look a lot better:

image.png

One more question!

Should I change my workflow, or is it a bug?

The thing that make me ask is, if I copied the knight (before fixing it), and went 'File -> New From Clipboard', and then exported it from there, the issue didn't show. 
I guess it has to do with the knight being smaller (consisting of fewer pixels) on the art board with the the chessboard? 

Thanks in advance. 

5 minutes ago, kdahlstrand said:

I guess it has to do with the knight being smaller (consisting of fewer pixels)

That's correct. With antialiasing, you will find that even small changes have an effect on how the edges look.