pedrowunderlich

[By Design] Slices persona bug, problems with scaling

1. When exporting for iOS, when creating a slice from a layer, the slice will have 1 px more on the H and W. Very frustrating and slowing down my workflow. Should fix.

2. When scaling an object, corner radius and shadown offsets don't scale along with everything else. Should add this functionality like you did "scale with object" on strokes.

Thanks guys!

47 minutes ago, pedrowunderlich said:

when creating a slice from a layer, the slice will have 1 px more on the H and W.

If you mean the exported file is 1px larger, that is generally caused by having slices or artboards that are not positioned (X,Y) or sized (W,H) on integer pixel boundaries. For example, something positioned at X=26.5 px rather than 26 px. You can see this in the Transform panel if it's happening. If it's happening, just nudge them so they're located on integer boundaries not fractional.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

1 hour ago, pedrowunderlich said:

Any way to snap objects to the nearest pixel automatically? Can't find the option anywhere.

That's in the snapping options. You want "Force pixel alignment" on, and probably want "Move by whole pixels" off.

That won't be perfect, if you move objects using some of the modifier keys (Alt?) which will override snapping, but it should help.

I've no idea about your scaling problem. Sorry.

snapping2.png.023bffb344020cddb8d90512a82b674a.png

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

Hi both,

The corner radius does not scale proportionally. You would have to "bake corners" if you want them to adjust accordingly. 

As for the shadow, did you enable "Scale with object" in the FX dialogue? 

image.png

Thanks,

Gabe.