You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing and slowness (split)

Hi there , i got my Affinity photo and designer over a year ,after update on my mac 8 months ago my affinity keep crashing and not working properly , been trying ctrl and clear command but is not working still the same problem . been trying to keep working but this software is so slow that i am thinking to give up , any one can advise please 

many thanks in advance 

• Staff

Hi robert27 :)

Welcome to the forums!

So that we are able to investigate bugs thoroughly could you please follow this advice:

1. Are you using the latest version?
    (here's how to check)
  2. Can you reproduce it?
    (if you cannot then we may struggle to also, making it even harder to fix)
  3. Does it happen for a new document? If not do you have a document you can share that shows the problem?
  4. If you cannot provide a sample document then please give an accurate description of the problem for example it should include some the following:
  •    What is the specs of your machine?
  •    What is your operating system and version (Windows 10, OSX Mojave, iOS 12 etc)?
  •    What happened for you (and what you expected to happen)
  •    Provide a recipe for creating the problem (step-by-step what you did).
  •    Screenshots (very handy) or a screen capture/video.
  •    Any unusual hardware (like tablets or external monitors or drives that may affect things) or relevant other applications like font managers or display managers.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

hi , sorry for late replay

my computer is mac 10.14.1  early 2015  2.7ghz i5  mac os mojave

a.photo 1.6.7 

not sure what do you mean if i can reproduce 

problem is : when i do clear with ctrl clear user date the program working perfectly but only for let say for  any 10 commands dose any thing and then ti start problem again :slowing down if i want to brush it will but after some time its like freeze for a minute and it works of sec and freeze agin .if i want to cut object from foto it dose again the same thing then i close affinity and start again with ctrl option and i do clear three first options from the list its back working but for short time lets say 10 commands and the problem back again 

kind regards 

robert

• Staff

No worries :)

Could you please provide a screen recording of your workflow that's causing this slowness in the software? Please also have your activity monitor visible in the recording for me and upload it to the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/P9U5YC25PMbdT3Q2uV2Z

If you're unsure how to record your Mac screen you can find out here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208721#quicktime

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)