Just now, jackamus said:

I did post it years ago!

Likely they read it. But as the roadmap was already created, it was never to have been added to the 1.x cycle at that point.

You can always bump that thread up by responding to it.

Well, that's the way of cookie crumbles!

There are lot of things other apps can do better, or do offer pretty useful features which are missing completely in the Affinity products. You also never will know if ever something missing will be implemented at all. - Thus if those things are important for you, use yet and now the tools who do support this in the manner you need and don't wait on Affinity here!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

When I said years ago it was soon after AD was first published because it was a feature I used a lot in DP.

BTW Why is when I am corresponding on the AD Forum that My Mac makes a lot 'blooping' sounds?

Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

AD version 1.6.0

1 minute ago, jackamus said:

BTW Why is when I am corresponding on the AD Forum that My Mac makes a lot 'blooping' sounds?

If you are in a thread and someone responds, it indicates there is a new reply.

24 minutes ago, jackamus said:

I'm astonished that nobody understands what I have been trying to say about how some aspects DP is better than AD.

18 minutes ago, MikeW said:

I understand completely.

For what little it’s worth, so do I.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

6 minutes ago, jackamus said:

5 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Go to ‘Account Settings > Notification Settings’ and uncheck the option ‘Play a sound when I receive a notification’ in the ‘Notification preferences’ section.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

39 minutes ago, jackamus said:

Going back to our analogies it like creating an updated model of a car that used to have electric windows but leaving them off the updated version but adding self parking mirrors.

Except that AD is not an updated model of DP, and was not intended to be one. AD is something completely new and different, and it may never have all the features that DP has.

If DP does some things better for you than AD, then just keep using DP for those things. Use AD for other things, or not at all. It's completely up to you.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

7 hours ago, jackamus said:

I'm 78 - maybe I can't wait that long!

There are a few options on the Mac platform that can do what you want, Canvas Draw is one of them that you might want to take a look at though do realise that its user interface may take some getting used to. Originally it was based on Canvas from Deneba (I had that in the early 1990's)  but the Mac version has been completely rewritten a few years ago. Canvas is aimed at technical illustrations so it does have tools like drawing at scale, dimensioning etc.

More info can be found at: https://www.canvasgfx.com/en/products/canvas-draw-5-for-mac/

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

I may get several bloops but only one reply. Its as though there is a lot of hidden activity going on.

AD version 1.6.0

On 1/18/2019 at 11:07 AM, jackamus said:

If I have a square shape that is shown in Transform tab as being 10cm square but I want draw another square the same size (10cm square)but only showing 5cm square in the Transform tab. How do I do this?

If you are drawing at scale in the program then the dialogs (e.g. the transform tab) should always show real world dimensions and not paper scale dimensions. So if it would really show what you write above then in my opinion it is not the proper way of how the program should handle drawing at scale.

FWIW, I use drawing at scale the way you are asking for a lot in software that supports it properly (e.g. Vectorworks, CorelDRAW, Canvas X etc.)

1 minute ago, jackamus said:

I may get several bloops but only one reply. Its as though there is a lot of hidden activity going on.

There are several actions others can take that you will get a notification. Someone quoting you in another thread, a new response in a thread you happen to be in, someone "liking" one of your posts, sending you a private message...and there may be others. At the top of the page there is a bell icon that should give you an indication of what someone has done. There will be a number on it for all but the private message. That indication will be on the envelope icon next to the bell icon.

Mike

Or do as I did, just turn off notification sounds. No more bloop/bleep/disco style or whatever sounds. Oh the soothing silence it creates (also known as no more distracting sounds). :)

I always get a notification sound when i get a new email rply but I'm talking about loads of bloops. Like I said its as though there is a lot of hidden activity taking placeand I am assuming it is from the AD Forum.

AD version 1.6.0

5 minutes ago, jackamus said:

I always get a notification sound when i get a new email rply but I'm talking about loads of bloops. Like I said its as though there is a lot of hidden activity taking placeand I am assuming it is from the AD Forum.

Well, if you shut off the sound in your account settings as (I think) Alfred mentioned, then you will know whether it is the forum making those sounds or not.

2 hours ago, jackamus said:

Maybe it is playing the music in my head through your speakers? Is it happening now?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.x.x

4 hours ago, jackamus said:

I'm astonished that nobody understands what I have been trying to say about how some aspects DP is better than AD.

Going back to our analogies it like creating an updated model of a car that used to have electric windows but leaving them off the updated version but adding self parking mirrors.

I am not disagreeing that in some respects DP is better than AD -- the lipstick on a pig expression just means that superficial changes to the appearance of something do not change its inherent nature.

As for the car analogies, the AD car is not an updated model of a DP model. It is a model from a completely different brand of cars, owned by the same company but assembled in a different factory using different tools & parts.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2