You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I try to create new assets in Affinity Publisher, that usually does not work. I always get the error message "Assets cannot contain embedded documents", even if the graphics are included as a link. The same graphics work fine in Affinity Designer's assets.
When I create the assets in Designer, export them and then import them into Affinity Publisher, I can use them. Further I can for example scale them there and put them back as new assets in the asset bar.

I'd like to use the assets for logos and oher Objects in the advertising-poster I usually prepare... for this they would be much easier to use than Adobe Bridge in InDesign ... my opinion :-)

20 hours ago, Roland Dicke said:

When I try to create new assets in Affinity Publisher, that usually does not work. I always get the error message "Assets cannot contain embedded documents", even if the graphics are included as a link

Have you tried this? Edit the placed graphic to open a new window. Select all and group. Copy and paste back into the main document. This can then be saved as an asset.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

O.K. I tried this ... but it doesn't work.:|

@Chris_KI don't understand the problem.... what can I make an asset from? I place *.ai, or Affinity files into my document and can't make them to an asset.
When I use the same files in Affinity Designer I can make an asset of them. Then I export this asset-set in Affinity Designer and import this set to Affinity publisher and can use these assets there... I did this workarround but this is not verry suitable when you want to enlarge your collection ...

I just want to understand what's going on there ... are the assets in Affinity Publisher in an early stadium or do I missunderstand the Assets-thing.

Thanks! 

Hi Roland Dicke

You can only add native affinity objects eg text frames, shapes, curves pixel layers etc. This has been restricted for whole document as Publisher now has a link or embed policy. Designer 1.7 also has this new document placement policy and has the same behaviour for adding assets as Publisher does

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.