PatrickBosKessen

guide lines lag behind rotate design

I use the latest Designer (1.6.1) on the latest MacOS (10.14.2) and I use guide lines in my design.

In this example, I've made a design to be printed directly on wood, on my self built custom printer, I rotate the design because that's easier to work on screen and as you can see, rotation is not very user friendly in my case as a rotate 90 degrees would be easier but that's perhaps a matter of taste and the problem I'd like to address is that when I rotate a design, the guide lines that I use, lag behind when rotating and the lag is so great that it's a bit ridiculous.

https://youtu.be/_6F0xSi5KCU

btw the white areas above and below in my design are there because those are beyond the edges of the piece of wood that I will print on and I keep m white so I don't waste ink as white is a colour my printer doesn't print in it's current state. I prepare a piece of wood with a transparent layer of white wash before printing on it when it suits the design.

Hi PatrickBosKessen,
That command (View ▸ Rotate Left/Right) only changes the view of the document to facilitate working on it in certain situations - it doesn't truly rotate it - i believe you are aware of this. Anyway this issue was already fixed in the latest Beta (which you can download from here in case you are willing to give it a try). The guides will rotate with the canvas as you's expect.

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi PatrickBosKessen,
That command only changes the View of the document - it doesn't truly rotate it - anyway this issue was already fixed in the latest Beta (which you can download from here in case you are willing to give it a try).

I know it doesn't truly rotate it but it does make working on a design that's rotated 90 degrees a lot easier. And I am still waiting for a decent way to actually rotate the design including guide lines etc but it doesn't seem to have a high priority as I haven't heard a positive response back on me suggesting that functionality, ages ago by now ;-)

I'm going to try the beta, thx :-)

15 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi PatrickBosKessen,
That command (View ▸ Rotate Left/Right) only changes the view of the document to facilitate working on it in certain situations - it doesn't truly rotate it - i believe you are aware of this. Anyway this issue was already fixed in the latest Beta (which you can download from here in case you are willing to give it a try). The guides will rotate with the canvas as you's expect.

btw. I just got the beta and indeed, the view rotation guide line lag is completely gone:-)