docandy

Character and Paragraph Panels not working

The Character and Paragraph panels have become 'inactive'. They will not open. via dropdown or the menu boxes.

Have I switched to some operation mode or is this a glitch?

Thank you.

I just discovered that everything in View>Studio was greyed out.

I must have hit a keystroke, perhaps?

Anyway, issue solved, but I still cannot figure out how to put a background colour in a Text Box.

39 minutes ago, docandy said:

Anyway, issue solved, but I still cannot figure out how to put a background colour in a Text Box.

View > Studio > Text Frame.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.330 Beta

5 hours ago, GabrielM said:

View > Studio > Text Frame. is only available in Publisher. 

Good point, Gabriel. Sorry for missing that distinction and for any confusion I've caused.

In Designer or Photo there are no functions for adjusting the background color of a Text Frame, as far as I know, except manual ones involving adding a rectangle behind the frame.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.330 Beta

That makes it very clear. No text box background fill in Designer. Thank you Walt and Gabriel. I can stop looking for that option now.

Let's hope Affinity add this function soon. It's very useful when dropping text over art work, etc.

Cheers,

Andy