You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sony Raw File opened in Affinity will not open in NIK or LR

I just shot five images to be used in the HDR function in Affinity.  That all worked as expected. Affinity was able to process them and do a good job of creating an HDR image TIFF.   BUT, when I tried to open a COPY of these files in both LightRoom 5.6 and in NIK HDR, I could see the folder, but all five image files were grayed out. and would not open in other software.  Has affinity altered these files in some way?  It is odd, because before I opened them in Affinity I made a copy of the files and put them in a separate folder on my desktop.  But neither these copied files or the originals open in other software.  Finally, I copied the files to a USB Plug and tried to open them in my Air book using NIK and LR.  Same thing, they would NOT open in NIK or LR.  However, these files open perfectly in Mac Xee^2.  What I wanted to do was compare two methods for making HDR images.

Thank you.

Amazing what a bit of common sense and the right question will bring out.  I messed up.  In short, NIK will not open Sony RAW files.  When I used the JPGs from the five images, every thing worked as it should.

I was trying to see how Affinity HDR compared to the older NIK HDR.  No contest, the Affinity while building a much bigger Tiff file had better (Truer) colors and seemed to be a better image than the image from the NIK set.

Again, my thanks.

Paul