You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gradient map add point by click - not picking up underlying colour

1. Gradient map
  2. Black on left, white on right
  3. Click on line
  4. Colour added is not that from directly beneath point

This is pronounced when adding points in left half.

It seems that rather adding points from 0 to 255, it is adding points 128 to 255.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

I am not seeing that. It seems to be picking up the color underneath it as far as I can tell 

I am noticing though (not to hijack your thread) that black does not just reveal the  layer below but darkens it. I will start another thread after and if I determine that the error is on my part

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

14 hours ago, Rick G said:

I am not seeing that. It seems to be picking up the color underneath it as far as I can tell

Thanks for the check, Rick, but I'm still getting it. I tried with a completely new, empty document and saw the same effect. To see exactly what colour is where, I drag from the colour picker on the right-hand Colour tab.

Dave Straker

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Here you go, Chris. I made a video for you.

... and while you're still drinking that cup of coffee ;) could you check out this - I really do think it's a bug.

Dave Straker

• Staff

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the video! It looks like you're using a printer profile 'Stylus Photo 1400 1410' to create the document. Could you try again using sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and let me know if this still happens?

I'm not entirely sure why the printer profile would still make Affinity pick a different value to what's outside the node so I'll need to look into that bit.

Cheers :) 

P.s. I'll look at the linked thread now. 

Hi Chris

No worries. Yes, looks like printer profile for new documents is based on an old printer I had. And as you say, it would be odd if this were causing the problem. Anyway, video below. I also tried it with the default red to blue - dragged out the green middle and clicked there. Even more obvious this way (I've tagged a short video on the end showing this).

Dave Straker

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.