You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo Beta version 1.7.0.209, Export to TIFF

I have been using Affinity photo  Beta test version 1.7.0.209, when I export finished files to TIFF, the thumbnail image is corrupted , looks like something from a Hi Pass filter mid process screen, or some weird blend mode result. When I try to open the TIFF in AF Photo or ant thing else I get a weird pink rectangle, same shape as the photo canvass. AF Photo tries to open as a Raw File. 

I have flattened the image and even rasterized it to no avail. This is on around 90% of my work, occasionally I get one that works. I want to archive all my processed images as TIFF to save on disc space.

1 hour ago, squeezer said:

I have been using Affinity photo  Beta test version 1.7.0.209, when I export finished files to TIFF, the thumbnail image is corrupted , looks like something from a Hi Pass filter mid process screen, or some weird blend mode result. When I try to open the TIFF in AF Photo

I'm not sure what problem you might be having with "anything else", but Photo 1.7 beta changed the TIFF compression method, and perhaps Photo 1.6 doesn't understand it? Supposedly the change was to get a bit better compression and be compatible with more applications.

Edit: this should be in the Beta forum, so perhaps a moderator can move it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

I'm not sure what problem you might be having with "anything else", but Photo 1.7 beta changed the TIFF compression method, and perhaps Photo 1.6 doesn't understand it? Supposedly the change was to get a bit better compression and be compatible with more applications.

Edit: this should be in the Beta forum, so perhaps a moderator can move it.

You misunderstand, I am working totally in the Beta version, I export to Tiff, and I cannot open the Tiff file in the Beta version that I just saved it from, so I tried to open the Tiff file in my usual viewer software, exactly the same results at 1.7 Beta, a corrupted file. 

I  thought this was the Beta forum

3 hours ago, squeezer said:

I  thought this was the Beta forum

No, the beta forums are over here, and the Photo Beta forum, specifically, is here.

Thanks for the clarification. I became confused when you first mentioned Photo Beta then just referred to  Photo without saying Beta.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4

• Staff

Hey squeezer,

No problems here—have you changed any of the default TIFF export settings?

We changed the TIFF compression from LZW to Adobe Deflate but I can't see how this would be troubling the 1.7 beta.

Do you have the afphoto file and the exported TIFF that you could send to me via our private Dropbox?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.