You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

convert format/ ICC profile crash

Hi Chris,

I was all ready to send, but found that the issue doesn't appear on already saved multilayered files, only the current fresh ones being worked on.  So, I can describe what happens:

1)  Open a RAW file (mine are DNG, 12 MB).  Don't do anything in the RAW converter, just let it go on into Affinity but make sure it stays in 32 bit.  

2)  Now start adding about 5-6 layers.  Just quick ones like curves, shadow/highlight, another curves, HSL, and selective color.  Make sure to do something brief with each layer.  Then I did a select all and copy merged and pasted that above the other layers.  I did a bit of random healing with the healing brush. 

3)  Now, convert from the 32 to 16 bit format under Document > Convert Format/ ICC Profile.  This is when AP crashes. 

Attached.  Something I wanted to add:  I decided to try adding about 5 adjustment layers and then converting.  Did not crash.  I then did a copy merged of all layers and pasted the merged result on top of the layers below.  Converted and no crash.   However, if I just opened a 32 bit DNG, duplicated it, and then either did some cloning, healing, or painting on the duplicated layer and then tried to convert to 16 bit, the program would crash.  So the crashes appear to be tools related and not all tools.  I tried doing a gradient on a duplicated layer and then color converted with no crash.  

All the attached reports are from using either a combination of layers and tools on the top layer, or simply duplicating one layer and then doing cloning, healing, or painting on the top duplicated layer.      

886ce6f1-088e-4538-a114-9195cc65a5cb.dmp

ceeea8aa-f33f-4da6-baf8-bfb2e6cf5009.dmp

cab40e31-7ace-4f61-b39d-cd262fc0cbb6.dmp

fe8b08b7-857f-48f0-b8cc-f90124172dd7.dmp

• Staff
52 minutes ago, Eric5 said:

However, if I just opened a 32 bit DNG, duplicated it, and then either did some cloning, healing, or painting on the duplicated layer and then tried to convert to 16 bit, the program would crash

Got it. I can pass this over now, with your crash reports—thanks for your help :) 

You're welcome, Chris.  I hadn't tried the "simplified version" method (using a new doc from scratch), but I was able to cause the same crash as long as the doc was large enough to start with (roughly equivalent to the 12 MB DNG RAW I had been using).  Smaller docs wouldn't crash and converted. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.