Hi again,

There's a bug in the zoom shortcut in both AP and AD. The shortcut (command+space) is very inconsistent. Sometimes it works right away, sometimes not. When it doesn't work it activates panning. Either there's a conflict between these functions or this is a bug. Please make it work consistently as in Photoshop. Last but not least, thank you for these wonderful apps!

I believe in Affinity it's

Space + Command

Command + Space is a different key sequence and does not "zoom"

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Hi both,

Yes, but that will clash with the native Spotlight search from Mac. You will probably have more issues that you currently have by doing this. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

I always change Spotlight's shortcut on my macs because it clashes with Photoshop's command+spacebar zoom shortcut.

In my opinion, this is not a reason for not using this shortcut. Keeping the same shortcut people are used to would help a lot.

Consider implementing it as in Photoshop please.

Yes I've had the same experience. AP's overall ux has room to improve. The lasso tool feels "bad" to use for me, swapping between straight and organic with shift key isn't consistent and the selection sometimes adds extra pixels I didn't select.. Lots of small rough edges makes the whole user experience not great.. Hopefully the affinity team can sort it  out. I really want to support their efforts.