You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Window resizing when zooming

Hi,

I don't know if this has been asked for before but I miss the option in AP (separated mode) to auto-resize windows when zooming in and out. I'm used to work with multiple images open and drag things from one to another or just compare them side by side. Having to resize windows manually is a bit annoying. Can this option be turned on and off just like Photophop?

This has definitely been asked for before. With every beta or new release I download I am always crossing fingers for getting that kind of window behaviour.

While we're at it - being able to have the program auto-arrange open documents a la Photoshop would be a god send too (Window -> Arrange -> Horizontal, Vertical, Stacked,...).

• 1 year later...
On 1/17/2019 at 4:36 AM, Chris B said:

Ah, I see what you mean—thank you.

We definitely don't do this but it would be a nice feature request. I've passed your feedback on and I'll also move this to the Feature Request section.

I am using AP 1.8.3, and it appears that the "zoom resizes windows" feature is still not present. If that is the case, I would suggest that this is a significant oversight in terms of production speed and overall enjoyment-of-use.

• 2 years later...

I do share the strong wish to have 'zoom resizes window'! I think it's a big workflow issue for many. For me it's the hurdle that keeps me from really using it professionally (I'm a professional graphic novelist), which is a shame because AF is a serious threat to PS at a awesome price. I know it's not a sexy feature for a next iteration, but workflow issues make you lose time on a daily basis indefinitely.

Thank you so much!
Joris

Edited by JorisM
spelling and phrasing issues

• 1 year later...

This is a critical feature for me. By default, new images open at an unworkably small size--not quite thumbnail size, but nowhere near large enough to operate and work on. Images are zoomed at about 15% and the windows only utilize a similar amount of available screen area. Why would the default be to leave 80% of my available screen area wasted?

Having to both zoom and then also constantly resize windows every time an image is opened is a productivity killer.