You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a question regarding the creation of image brushes. The attached image of a tree (I'm drawing fantasy maps so that is quite a useful brush) is 21 x 35 pixels large. However, when I create a new image brush from this .png file, the brush size is 64.

This is not very useful, as - of course - the elements on the image shall have the correct size in relation to other elements. Of course, I can resize it to the orginal dimension, but it would be better if the brush has the same size as the original image.

Am I doing something wrong or is this issue a AP thing?

Tree 1.png

• Staff

Hi Sapiento,

64 pixels is just the default size of a new image brush.  If you select the brush and then on the Context Toolbar along the top of Photo, click on More you can set the size for brush and this will then be remembered by the brush, so next time you use it, it will be at the correct size. 

15 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Hi Sapiento,

64 pixels is just the default size of a new image brush.  If you select the brush and then on the Context Toolbar along the top of Photo, click on More you can set the size for brush and this will then be remembered by the brush, so next time you use it, it will be at the correct size. 

Hi stokerg,

Thank you. Is it possible to change the default size? Resizing it in 'More' is just what I do now. I think to keep the original size would streamline the work flow.