You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Starting - New Document (bleed & guides)

I'm starting (maybe I bought it hastily) with designer. It has tools that I love, as well as things that I do not like at all. Also, a lot of what is supposed to be vector is not, that disgusts me. So starting, when creating a new document and marking the blood that is desired, that bloodletting is not shown, that is, I do not see where the bloodlet arrives and what I am placing in the blood part. Draw if it shows that area of blood. In addition, the guides do not allow me to include a second decimal, if I indicate a guide in 73.25, I round it to 73.3. Do I do something wrong or is it a lack of software?.

I am interested in knowing if there is an option to see the blood or to be able to make a more milimetric adjustment of the guides.

Another thing ... is it really not multi-page?

Sin título-1.png

• Staff

Hi Manucoruna,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
There's no option to display the bleed guide on canvas in Affinity 1.6 but this was already implemented in the latest Beta (which you can get from here for  Mac and here for Windows). Regarding the guides precision, despite the guide manager round the value for display on its panel, the guides are placed exactly where you have set them, honouring the two (or more) decimal places. If you want to increase the precision displayed by the different panels/input fields etc (Guides Manager included), go to Affinity Designer Preferences, User interface section and increase the values for the units you want in the Decimal Places for Units Types section.

Thanks, I'm a newcomer. I bought the software recently, do not know whether to try the beta version or not? and I'm trying to make a progressive change from coreldraw to designer, which is more complex than illustrator to designer ... ;:D.  A new question, will there be multiple pages in later versions or updates?
Thank you..

• Staff

Hi Manucoruna,
If you don't feel comfortable installing the Beta, don't do it, no worries. The bleed guide preview on canvas will end up in the final 1.7 version when released.
Currently you can use multiple artboards in a Designer document which may work for certain types of projects. Pages may end up in Designer as well but - as far as i know - not in v1.7.

• 1 year later...