You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash by loading font

7 hours ago, Jampes said:

Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.206 start no more. By starting, the window of Affinity loading opened, than it tell "Loading fonts..." and closed the starting window. Nothing more...

Hello @Jampes,

some questions to narrow this down:

• Did you install any new fonts?
  • Did APub 1.7.0.206 start before without problems?
  • Did you change/update anything in your computer recently?

You refer to 'Loading fonts...'. This may be not the source for the crash just the last thing you can see on screen before the next thing happens that causes the crash :)

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

16 hours ago, dominik said:

Hello @Jampes,

some questions to narrow this down:

• Did you install any new fonts?
  • Did APub 1.7.0.206 start before without problems?
  • Did you change/update anything in your computer recently?

You refer to 'Loading fonts...'. This may be not the source for the crash just the last thing you can see on screen before the next thing happens that causes the crash :)

Cheers,
d.

I haven't install new fonts since a long time, but I have a lot of Google fonts installed on my computer. APub never started without problems before. The 3 first versions started without problems, but the last versions don't start.

The update on my computer that mybe affected the start of APub is the update of Windows 1809...

2 hours ago, Jampes said:

I haven't install new fonts since a long time, but I have a lot of Google fonts installed on my computer. APub never started without problems before. The 3 first versions started without problems, but the last versions don't start.

The update on my computer that mybe affected the start of APub is the update of Windows 1809...

I doubt that Google fonts are causing this. For a test you could uninstall these fonts or most of your fonts and see if this changes anything. Just make sure you can reinstall them afterwards againg :)

SirPL's suggestion is a good one, too.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.