You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can you do...

I am working on a pet project using Publisher, and this is more of a question than a bug report. When doing the layout of the text in a box, I am currently using some SVGs as symbols for dice in a game. These are set up as assets for this document. So the text is typed in then I make space for the SVGs. There are some questions though as to how I can make this faster or improve the workflow. So here we go.
Can you make colored glyphs and load them in the glyph browser?
If not then?
Is there a way to embed or have the glyphs "locked" to the same layer as the text so that when moving a text box, the text and SVGs move together?

Also, is there a more natural way to ensure that the SVGs and the text are better aligned horizontally? 

Text and SVG.png

If it's "more of a question" then perhaps it belongs in Discussions and suggestions for Affinity Publisher on desktop instead :)

However, to try to answer your questions:

1. I'm not aware of a way you can add more glyphs to Publisher, other than by installing additional fonts.
  2. If you use actual glyphs, from the Glyphs studio panel, they are automatically part of the text object, just like any other text character you type. So they're automatically "locked" in place and flow with the text. However, if you simply place an image (e.g., a .svg file) on top of your text frame, no, you can't lock it in place with the text. (That's a feature that's been requested.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1