You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colours and Tints

Hi I'm new to this forum and have recently loaded the Beta version of Affinity Publisher. I have for many years used various versions of Page Plus including the latest X9 which I have always found to be very good for the many projects that I have done over the years. On loading the new Beta version I was very impressed by the new professional looking interface, however I have spent several hours trying out various different things and I must say I am finding it very difficult to use. For example I am unable to change the colour of a basic logo say from black to red, on page plus this very easy also I am unable to change to colour or tint depth of an object in other words lighten it, so that I can text can be seen easily for example. I have read that Serif are trying to compete with adobe and make this for the professional user, I don't class myself as a professional only an amateur who wants something fairly quick and easy to use. If anyone can help with the above problem I would be very grateful.

Regards Raydee

• Staff

Hi raydee and Welcome to the Forums,

You can 'lighten' an image/logo by using Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Brightness and Contrast.

To change the colour of a logo, try Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Recolour

I'll get this post moved over to the Publisher section of the Forums, as that is really where it belongs :)