trevorthedirector

Fuji .RAF RAW image sliver issue

In the past I have had no issues with .RAF Fuji Raw files, from both my X-100F, and more recently my X-T3, but in the past couple days when opening RAW files all I get is this sliver of the image, with a black bar at the top. the information shows the image is only 6.30 MP. Same thing happens when opening in Designer, however the full image opens just fine in Preview and Pixelmator. Someone please help!!!

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 2.17.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 2.17.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 2.32.27 PM.png

Ok, in Windows 10 DSCF1111.RAF craps out in APh as the OP says. The other file is ok.

Both files open as expected in both Fuji Raw File Converter Ex. 30 and darktable (current version 2.6.0) ... (one of my cameras is X-Pro2).

Houston ... we have a problem! ;)

Maybe ... ? I've not had any issues so far with X-trans files so ... ?  :42_confused:

Edit: Here's how the file looks in XnViewMP. Quite puzzling! Clicking on the thumb reveals the whole image (!)  

OP X-Trans.jpg

https://www.peterdinnan.com/     photography with strong elements of mood, abstraction, pareidolia, gestalt and the morphics

9 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Very odd. This only seems to affect Serif Labs RAW engine. Can you please try to change the RAW engine to Apple RAWimage.png and see if it works? It works for us here using this.  

Gabe thanks so much for your help this seems to have work. Not sure how or why but glad I am able to edit my RAW images!

MacPro/Mojave/1.6&1.7b AP.

1111 - opens incorrectly in both 1.6&1.7

0590 - opens correctly in both 1.6&1.7

Changed 1.6&1.7 to Apple Engine and 0590 opens correctly in both.

Seems the Serif Engine struggling to keep up; not the first time :-(

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

I have a Fuji camera tried raw and surprised it was RAF extension.  When opening in Affinity Photo all I get is a sliver of a photo.  I had to go back to photoshop to process them.  Doesn't Affinity accept RAF extensions.  I see from other peoples questions they are having a problem too.  So what is the solution.

15 minutes ago, Zachman said:

I have a Fuji camera tried raw and surprised it was RAF extension.  When opening in Affinity Photo all I get is a sliver of a photo.  I had to go back to photoshop to process them.  Doesn't Affinity accept RAF extensions.  I see from other peoples questions they are having a problem too.  So what is the solution.

On 1/16/2019 at 7:01 PM, trevorthedirector said:

Gabe thanks so much for your help this seems to have work. Not sure how or why but glad I am able to edit my RAW images!

See' 'trevorthedirector' answer.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

57 minutes ago, Zachman said:

On 1/16/2019 at 1:11 AM, GabrielM said:

Very odd. This only seems to affect Serif Labs RAW engine. Can you please try to change the RAW engine to Apple RAWimage.png and see if it works? It works for us here using this.  

Hey Zachman this fix from Gabriel has worked for me, click the assistant icon and the RAW engine from Serif Labs to Apple RAW (if you are using a Mac that is) and then you should be good to go. All my Fuji .RAF images open just fine now.