You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to....

Is there a way to ge rid of all unused Styles in a document, when you have finisedit ? 

i could need this , while preparing templets for users, that from time to time will use the predefined Styles. But while creating the template there i have many styles, i only tried out. So at the end a one click , delete all styles i dont need, would be very nice to clean the document up.. 

And by the way, why cant i organise my styles in folder for better understanding..  maybe i still dont understand the way of organising styles in publisher.  But especialy as a beginner in such software, a folder aproach would ease the learning cuve extremly..   hmm..

14 minutes ago, Tom Schülke said:

And by the way, why cant i organise my styles in folder for better understanding..  maybe i still dont understand the way of organising styles in publisher.  But especialy as a beginner in such software, a folder aproach would ease the learning cuve extremly..   hmm..

Not just the learning curve I think it would increase the overall usability of the Styles. That would make it more productive in the long run.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Styles in afpub isn't really an easy thing.

As doesn't in ID neither in Word or Pages.

But in afpub the interface doesn't help so much.

My personal solution...

-- deleting all styles EXCEPT both "no-style" styles, the paragraph one and the character one (and I send you with this text an afpub file with THOSE styles' characteristics). AND making this the default Styles in afpub (selecting it in the little menu appearing from the upper right corner of theText-Styles panel).

-- for every proyect.... creating (or not) a base page with the styles I will use (or not).

-- understanding that every Paragraph-Style has a Character-Style implicitly, and that Character-Styles mean only modifications to this base Implicit-Character-Style (so... using any character styles to different paragraph styles will make the general style structure of the document confusing, cumbersome and sometimes with an erratic behaviour).

I don't know if this can help you, but it was for me.

Emilio

A4v.estilo nulo[afpub].afpub

thank you eluengo..

my solution for getting rid of unuses styles, was to create a new doc.  delete all style, i could..  exept of "no-style",

copying all content to this new file.

deleteing now all from the original....   

copying all contend back...   this way, i realy got a clean smal styles area. with only about 5 or 6 styles, that my collegues later on can use..

But ! this is cumbersome...      please Affinity..  explaine those style structure to us..   why not just aditionaly beeing able to make folder... 

You can show styles in a hierarchy using options in the Text Styles panel hamburger menu. We had hoped that would be sufficient - it was for PagePlus. We're aware now that customers want folders as well, so we'll probably add that at some point. I can't say when, though, and it likely will not happen before release.