You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font size drop down not working in context toolbar

Hi,

I keep encountering this in 1.7 in all three apps, Designer, Photo and Publisher.

1. Add Artistic text
  2. Switch to the pointer tool with the text selected
  3.  Click on the font size drop down to alter the size
  4. Observe: Font changes to the new size while drop down is selected
  5. Click on the page
  6. Observe: Font reverts to original size

I can add text without a problem, but if I want to change the font size by selecting the text with the pointer and using the context toolbar drop down the size changes while I have the size selected with the mouse but as soon as I have clicked off the drop down the size reverts and the font remains the same.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

The font size will change as a preview while you scroll down the list of sizes. But you need to click on one of the sizes to finalize the change. If you simply click back into the document, without actually clicking on a size, it will revert to the original. This is intentional, I believe, and is not a new behavior with 1.7. 1.6 works the same way.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

41 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The font size will change as a preview while you scroll down the list of sizes. But you need to click on one of the sizes to finalize the change. If you simply click back into the document, without actually clicking on a size, it will revert to the original. This is intentional, I believe, and is not a new behavior with 1.7. 1.6 works the same way.

Hi Will,

I have clicked on the size :) In the video attached to the Designer post it shows I click on the 144pt size of the drop down list but as soon as I have clicked the font 'springs back' to 133pt It appears to be happening when opening a 1.6 file in 1.7 and isn't happening with files that are only created and working in 1.6 or only created and working in 1.7.  

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Thanks. It was very unclear (to me) that you actually clicked on a size. Good to hear that in the other thread they managed to reproduce it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1