You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I shift Click to select multiple objects in Designer I can change the dimension of the bounding box which changes the shape too but I want to use the Transform tab to dimension the objects not the bounding box. How do I do that? When you select multiple objects the Transform Tab is the size of the bounding bow not the objects. I want to change the size of multiple objects at the same time by entering the dimensions. How?

Thnx

Which app and are these objects equally? In AD one can use Symbols and if those are sync’ed changing one then changes all related ones too.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Imagine say 5 tapered candles. Trapezoids. All the same size so when I want to resize I have to do each one. Are you suggesting if I "convert" them to symbols then select them all I can resize them? Each one will resize the same? I will try it - never used symbols before. I'm a convert from Illustrator so the learning curve a bit steep!

Thnx

4 hours ago, Vitalspark said:

Imagine say 5 tapered candles. Trapezoids. All the same size so when I want to resize I have to do each one. Are you suggesting if I "convert" them to symbols then select them all I can resize them? Each one will resize the same? I will try it - never used symbols before. I'm a convert from Illustrator so the learning curve a bit steep!

Thnx

Are you using Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo ????????????????????

It makes a big difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

1 hour ago, toltec said:

Are you using Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo ????????????????????

It makes a big difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Er ...

8 hours ago, Vitalspark said:

When I shift Click to select multiple objects in Designer

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi Vitalspark,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Affinity Designer doesn't support transform each functions, so currently you have to scale one by one. Symbols may be used for this but you have to delete all current objects except one, turn it into a symbol (using ht eSymbols panel - menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Symbols) then drag the rest of the instances from the Symbols panel. Only then all can be scaled/edited simultaneously.

Muito obrigado MEB. Spent many a winter holiday in Lisbon, Penina & Lagos. I'm from Scotland. 

So looks like scaling multiple objects is not supported. Add it to must have wish list! I design glass & use it a lot. I will try the Symbols method just to see if its workable.