You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing Hyperlinks & footnote - what a pity!

A very useful feature that was in PagePlus was the abiloty to inset a Hyperlink to either an Internet page, email address, or an anchor in the publication. This then transfers when you make a pdf.  You can make similar links when in pdf form, BUT if ou have to make a update to your document you have to do all the links again in the pdf.

Secondly I could not find any way of Inserting a footnote or endnote, this was also a good feature in PagePlus as it kept the footnotes on the correct page when the document was update.

And whilst I am here, to replace a picture was a matter of a right click.  I know their are other ways, evn if you have time to go via the resource manager, but I do feel that Affinity 1.7.0.206 (beta) is selling short the loyal PagePlus people who supported Serif through the yearly updates.

Hopefullyother have picked up the issue of pdf's missing fonts when viewed on other OS systems such as Android and IOS

Michael

Michael, I presume the affinity you are talking about is Publisher as you mention Page Plus. (many contibutors do not specify which Afinity they are commenting on!) I have had a few issues with publisher myself but have had difficulty finding where to put my comments. At the moment I can not commit any imprortant productions to APublisher as I feel it is not sufficiently developed, and continue to use page plus most of the time.

Missing hyperlinks are not not a bug; merely a feature that's not implemented yet.

By the way, the forums have a separate section for discussions about Publisher.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 7 months later...
39 minutes ago, Whisper3 said:

I've just downloaded the latest updates, I was hoping that footnotes would be included in the Publisher download. Is to be in future updates? Ah well, perhaps back to PPX9 for this particular project. Shame I do like the new version.

Bobcat

There is a very long thread about footnotes, but to summarize it, many people want/need them and they are planned for some unspecified future update.