You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

pyxl.er

Hi. So I've had Affinity Designer for about a year but have never really tried to expand my art in the digital direction. This will be my first attempt at a vector illustration. Suggestions and feedback welcome!

Sloth:

270231661_SlothVector.thumb.png.96a13f8897629b79bd3e98115fa50347.png

Edited by pyxl.er
people didn't know what it was lol my bad

Maybe a bit of an explanation about the drawing would help people understand it?

The squares aren't aligned to the dimensions of the whole image, the bottom right is off as well, unless the above mentioned was deliberate ;)

What is the creature?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

38 minutes ago, myclay said:

To me it looks like a stylized Sloth.

I thought the same, but I was too lazy to say so! :D

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi, pyxl.er,

As the saying goes "A journey of a thousand miles starts w. a 1st step," or something like that.

So, why the white space between the face and the shoulder?

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

3 hours ago, gdenby said:

Hi, pyxl.er,

As the saying goes "A journey of a thousand miles starts w. a 1st step," or something like that.

So, why the white space between the face and the shoulder?

Now you've said that, ole slothy is lying down and the white space is the gap between the arm and the head, but it really should be pink, the shadow at the bottom makes it confusing as it appears to be standing. 

Remove the bottom shadow and change the white to the pink background.

A good first try though.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

5 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Now you've said that, ole slothy is lying down and the white space is the gap between the arm and the head, but it really should be pink, the shadow at the bottom makes it confusing as it appears to be standing. 

I thought ‘ole slothy’ was sitting up!

Either way, there should be a little bit of green round-cornered rectangle visible behind the sloth’s left leg.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

I thought ‘ole slothy’ was sitting up!

sloths don't sit up, they'd fall over, I think he's having a rest after a hard days slothing,  he looks pleased with himself and rightly so, slothery is a hard skill to get right without making it look like hardwork. 

He also looks like his name is Poncho :D 

13 hours ago, Alfred said:

Either way, there should be a little bit of green round-cornered rectangle visible behind the sloth’s left leg.

Are you sure?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:55 AM, firstdefence said:

sloths don't sit up, they'd fall over, I think he's having a rest after a hard days slothing,  he looks pleased with himself and rightly so, slothery is a hard skill to get right without making it look like hardwork. 

He also looks like his name is Poncho :D  

I didn't name him but Poncho seems like a perfect name:D. He is supposed to be sitting up and leaning against the background though laying down does make more sense