You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color rendered differently in latest AD and AP betas

Same file opened in both apps, colors are more saturated in AP than AD. The color space and profile are the same, I didn't change that. It's the same file. I can upload the file for inspection, just supply upload link.

Thanks for all you do.

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 2.50.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 2.52.04 PM.png

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

The default color format for Photo is RGB. For Designer, it's CMYK. If you go to Document Setup and switch to the Color tab, you will find a section that says Color Format.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hey Sean, I uploaded to the specified link.

On 1/14/2019 at 4:15 AM, Sean P said:

Hi ronnyb,

Would you be able to upload this file to use using the link below please?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/DAhExoYMQoxa5pXqzf1W

Thanks!

Hey @Bri-toon, that's not the issue. As I mentioned in the OP, the color space and profile are the same in both apps... BTW, the default behavior for both apps is NOT to convert color profiles to the working space... Both apps use the file's specified color format, not CMYK nor RGB per se...

On 1/13/2019 at 3:54 PM, Bri-Toon said:

The default color format for Photo is RGB. For Designer, it's CMYK. If you go to Document Setup and switch to the Color tab, you will find a section that says Color Format.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.