You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SLOWWW Zoom

Zooming with the Brush tool selected — in a tiny 726 KB file — is super slow on the latest beta. If I switch to the arrow tool everything is normal. I'm using a Magic Mouse and the option key in conjunction with the scroll gesture to zoom.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

I can't reproduce this but I know the Magic Mouse does the 'smooth' scrolling with the option key held down so perhaps something is going wrong here. I've tried it with Metal Compute enabled/disabled too and no change there.

I'm going to go through some different documents and see if I can get this. Would you mind doing a quick screen recording which I can forward to dev if I still struggle to reproduce this?

Cheers :) 

Hey Sean,

Once again I can't reproduce... wondering if it was a low memory issue, like the tiling artifacts in the other thread ... ?

I'll keep an eye out for it and if it happens again, I'll grab a screen recording....

Cheers mate!

On 1/14/2019 at 5:13 AM, Chris B said:

I can't reproduce this but I know the Magic Mouse does the 'smooth' scrolling with the option key held down so perhaps something is going wrong here. I've tried it with Metal Compute enabled/disabled too and no change there.

I'm going to go through some different documents and see if I can get this. Would you mind doing a quick screen recording which I can forward to dev if I still struggle to reproduce this?

Cheers :) 

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.