Aga

Affinity does not open DNG files from VueScan

Hello!

I planned to use Affinity to process scanned film negatives. Unfortunately I cannot open any linear dng files (output from VueScan, saved as .dng) only a thumbnail opens. Darktable opens the same files without any issues.

I'm running Affinity on Mac Mojave 10.14.2.

I could see that several people on the Windows subform have had the same issue already in 2017. Could someone please look into it?

Thank you in advance!

Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 09.11.55.png

I have a similar issue since I updated mojave today... it opens but it looks like chessboard wrongly assembled.... help!

It looks like a chess board because it's on over 500% zoom, if you look at the size of the opened file it's less than 1MB. It's only a thumbnail embedded in the actual dng you try to open.

Thank you for your reply, I uploaded the same photo you can see in the screenshot with the Dropbox link (attached below as well). It's a positive (shot on Fuji Velvia) straight from VueScan.

raw0009.dng

In the end I uninstalled Affinity and had it refunded, since I assumed the interest to address this issue was next to none. 

Overall it seems like a good photo editor so if this ever gets sorted I would be happy to buy it again.