You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pressure on/off... affinity brushes...

I do not know, maybe somebody like the the affinity-brushes and its "exponential" pressure (for most of them)... i do not! 

However, i can change to my "default".... also the the almost 100% pressure of flow in 80% of "factory brushes"... 

Its a lot of work, but its possible. Out of box, they are not usable for me (with a xp-pen), just with the mouse;-) 

However, there is a "no-pressure" button in the tool-bar. If off, the pressure for size will not taken (TRAP: if ALSO the size-dynimaic is zero). If on the pressure will taken by the "curve" behind! 

As long the "size-dynamic" is greater Zero the pressure will influence this, does not matter if this button or not!!!!

###

A GENERAL "pressure-off" would be a usable "workaround", but unfortunatly i first have to set ALLLLLLL brushes to "dynamic-size-zero". And all other "pressure" dynamics will not influend! Does not matter if this button on or not, if eg. flow-dynamic is set to 100... it the pressure will influence the flow, or the or the opacity, or the color-change.... 

PRSSURE OFF should mean - there is ABSOLUT NO PRESSURE-change, does not matter how the special settings are... There is ABSOLUTELY no change IF this button is to "deactive". For NO dynamics.!!!!!

And BTW: Where is the shortcut for this???? THIS on/off would make sense to have as shorty on the pencil!!!!!

#####

The WHOLE brush-concep in AP is really bad! Please take a look in the FREE!!!!!! Krita... Creating, handling, preview, using, organize.... of brushes is maybe 2 decades further than this "windows311" like SERIF brush-concept!!!!!! Krita is freeware and it shows you, how many years you are behind! Thats really a shame for a "professional" company!!!!

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Why are you posting things like this to the Questions forum instead of to one of the Feature Requests & Feedback forums?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7