You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for Linux please?

I'm enjoying Affinity Designer, but one problem, every other productive tool I use works on Linux except for Affinity Designer.

So I can't drop Windows and migrate fully to Linux.

Are there any Linux fans at Affinity? Maybe it's time for Affinity to pioneer into commercial Linux creative software... 

18 hours ago, Deno said:

Are there any Linux fans at Affinity?

Try search "Linux". 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:27 PM, Deno said:

I'm enjoying Affinity Designer, ...

This is the forum for Affinity Photo. But yes, do a search for Linux. There are a few Linux fans.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 months later...

I really don't understand why Affinity would refuse to support Linux. There is obviously a large number of people who want to use it including me. In fact, I think it will make or break Adobe and Affinity. First, one to the race wins. There has been a huge push for quality professional tools on the Linux platform. I am primarily an Illustrator/Photoshop user but If Affinity released on Linux I would abandon Adobe for Affinity in a heartbeat. I am sure others feel the same way. I have been working professionally as a graphic designer for the advertising industry for around 8 years. Software like Inkscape and PK1 are not professional quality products. Linux users need tools like Affinity designer. Affinity has taken the market by storm. I see them slowly but surely outdoing adobe at every turn. With their Publisher Application addition to their tool set up and coming, if they were to release on Linux they could consume the entire Linux user base and block adobe out of the market but only if they were first to market. There are people asking for these products and Affinity should listen to them, not just their current market. They should be looking to new markets to expand into. It's just a shame they don't see how their is a major shift to Linux happening under their noses...