You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Styles applied to multiple

Use Character Styles applied to a Paragraph Style? I don't quite follow what it is you want to achieve.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

You can change change font/size/color.... as "batch" for selected layer... Just cmd-click as many layer you want and do the settings once!

Or you can create a STYLE for later use (also in other docs). Right click on the object and say "Save as Style" or so. (This will include font/size/stroke, shadows... all colors/gradients....) 

You can also save text as special "text/paragraph".... (but this is really compliclted and confusing....), mostly a simple "style" does the job faster and without confusing.

But there is a big trap and some missbehaviors: In 1.7 you can only save a text-object as style if the move-tool is selected! There is another "rightclick-menu as long the text-tool is selcted... keep that in mind). Further: You cannot edit a style, change the preview or move to another place/category....  The whole preset-"managing" for all tools in AP is really, really  last century :-( 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

19 hours ago, evtonic3 said:

Is there a way to set up a text style that will keep the size of the font but only change the font and weight (Bold,Semi-bold, Reg.,etc) when you apply it to multiple text objects?

Note that different fonts of the same point size often need different amounts of space for the same text. For example, all the text below uses the same 30 point font size & regular weight, but each of the six fonts has a different line length & some differences in character heights:
947750433_differentfonts.jpg.bdc1ae88d84cf23c8f404683bc18a20f.jpg 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thank you all. I will try to be more clear next time, I realized I could’ve went a step further in explaining. I have a AD doc that has different text objects that all use the same font but different point sizes and weights- bold, light, regular, etc. I want to change that font with another font and keep those settings, I think a text style (or so I think I need it) could do it with a simple click? I think what I’m asking for would only work if the previous set copy (what I want to change) would’ve been created with a text style to begin with. Is a grep function needed here? Which from what I know has been requested in Publisher.

Set up a Paragraph Style name it Boss or Top Dog or something.

set up a Paragraph Style based on Boss and only change the Size and/or Weight and call it "Boss 11pt Bold" and a third (again based on Boss) called "Boss 14pt" and one for smaller italic etc then change Boss's font from Gill Sans to Times Roman and the based on styles will change to Times Roman 11pt Bold and Times Roman 14pt (regular (or what ever Boss has)) and then Times Roman italic etc.

Won't help with the current project but will in the future if you plan ahead.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.