You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Auto create pages on text insertion

In Publisher, when the text has overflowed you can shift-click on the triangle on the lower right of the Text Frame.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Yes, but I often paste a lot of text, wich means a lot of manual page-adds and shift-clicks. The trick from Indesign are that you create a text frame in the master, switch to the page, activate the master text frame and when you then paste text Ind. automatically add pages with linked text frames displaying all content immediately.

2 minutes ago, MortenWB said:

Yes, but I often paste a lot of text, wich means a lot of manual page-adds and shift-clicks. The trick from Indesign are that you create a text frame in the master, switch to the page, activate the master text frame and when you then paste text Ind. automatically add pages with linked text frames displaying all content immediately.

Yes. How Master Page text frames act is being changed as a result of complaints/suggestions to (hopefully) make them like ID/QXP.

4 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Yes. How Master Page text frames act is being changed as a result of complaints/suggestions to (hopefully) make them like ID/QXP.

Right, MikeW, as replied to Walt I just found that shift-clicking the flowtriangle did the trick! One last thing, though: is it possible to have Publisher adding new page automatically when just writing out of the current frame?

Just now, MortenWB said:

Right, MikeW, as replied to Walt I just found that shift-clicking the flowtriangle did the trick! One last thing, though: is it possible to have Publisher adding new page automatically when just writing out of the current frame?

Not that I am aware of.

7 minutes ago, MortenWB said:

Right, might be an idea for the devs - could potentially tempt a few MS Word users to migrate.

My feeling is most Word users will not like the need for text frames at all. They will especially not like changing the page size and altering the margins only to find the text frames don't adjust to the new margins. Now, this behavior of the text frames matching pargins may change and so be less an issue.

1 hour ago, MortenWB said:

For any single paste operation you need only one shift-click. As many pages and frames as needed are added at that point.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1