Jump to content
MortenWB

Auto create pages on text insertion

Recommended Posts

I would like to suggest the possibility to automatically create new pages when text exceed the text frame. Indesign does that with a master text frame you can access from within any given page based on the particular master.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Publisher, when the text has overflowed you can shift-click on the triangle on the lower right of the Text Frame.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.9.1.979 and 1.9.1.979 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.1.979 and 1.9.1.971 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.1.979 and 1.9.1.967 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but I often paste a lot of text, wich means a lot of manual page-adds and shift-clicks. The trick from Indesign are that you create a text frame in the master, switch to the page, activate the master text frame and when you then paste text Ind. automatically add pages with linked text frames displaying all content immediately.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MortenWB said:

Yes, but I often paste a lot of text, wich means a lot of manual page-adds and shift-clicks. The trick from Indesign are that you create a text frame in the master, switch to the page, activate the master text frame and when you then paste text Ind. automatically add pages with linked text frames displaying all content immediately.

 

Yes. How Master Page text frames act is being changed as a result of complaints/suggestions to (hopefully) make them like ID/QXP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

In Publisher, when the text has overflowed you can shift-click on the triangle on the lower right of the Text Frame.

OHH, sorry Walt - just checked, and the shift-click works perfectly. Thanks for the tip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Yes. How Master Page text frames act is being changed as a result of complaints/suggestions to (hopefully) make them like ID/QXP.

Right, MikeW, as replied to Walt I just found that shift-clicking the flowtriangle did the trick! One last thing, though: is it possible to have Publisher adding new page automatically when just writing out of the current frame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MortenWB said:

Right, MikeW, as replied to Walt I just found that shift-clicking the flowtriangle did the trick! One last thing, though: is it possible to have Publisher adding new page automatically when just writing out of the current frame?

Not that I am aware of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MortenWB said:

Right, might be an idea for the devs - could potentially tempt a few MS Word users to migrate.

My feeling is most Word users will not like the need for text frames at all. They will especially not like changing the page size and altering the margins only to find the text frames don't adjust to the new margins. Now, this behavior of the text frames matching pargins may change and so be less an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MortenWB said:

Yes, but I often paste a lot of text, wich means a lot of manual page-adds and shift-clicks. The trick from Indesign are that you create a text frame in the master, switch to the page, activate the master text frame and when you then paste text Ind. automatically add pages with linked text frames displaying all content immediately.

 

For any single paste operation you need only one shift-click. As many pages and frames as needed are added at that point.

 


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.9.1.979 and 1.9.1.979 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.1.979 and 1.9.1.971 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.1.979 and 1.9.1.967 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.