You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD 1.6 is Faster than 1.7 why?

Hi, I am experiencing a slow down in Affinity Designer 1.7 for big projects; 500mb-2000mb, while I didn't have any issues with Affinity Designer 1.6, I hope this is not due to the new features that's added which may slow down the system, the great thing about Affinity Designer is the speed and I hope it maintain it, just to mention I have MBP 2018 i9 32gb Ram, so I don't think it is hardware related.

• Staff

Thank you for the files! It looks like 1.6 was grouping the objects into separate groups, however 1.7 is not doing this. This is what is causing the lag when trying to draw a selection box, if you ungroup those objects inside 1.6 you do get similar behaviour. 

I'll get this passed onto development! Thanks!

23 hours ago, Sean P said:

Thank you for the files! It looks like 1.6 was grouping the objects into separate groups, however 1.7 is not doing this. This is what is causing the lag when trying to draw a selection box, if you ungroup those objects inside 1.6 you do get similar behaviour. 

I'll get this passed onto development! Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, I tested it and got the same results in both 1.6 & 1.7, I hope this issue will get fixed soon, and about rendering the images is that normal?,

• Staff

No worries! 

With regards to the rendering, do you mean the speed at which the tiles redraw, or the lack of mesh gradients? If it is the latter, that is because we currently don't have any support for these, so cannot give an good representation of the original PDF's look. If it is tiles redrawing, I found on my machine (iMac Late 2013 2.7GHz i5, 8GB RAM) both apps were about the same and was maybe and didn't feel to slow, considering the complexity of the file.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.