You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font categorisation

Hi Affinity

Still love your program ;) I have a request for a feature. Right now I can only choose in the Fontmanager if a font is a favorite or not. So I have the problem that whenever I have to be aware of license issues I either have to look up the font for the license or the way I do it right now is to just put license free once in my favorite tab.

I have a number of otions that could be done to solve this.

1. Have an Icon that shows if a font is license free or not

1.1 Best would be if this is set by Affinity itself but that is probably not possible since the license is not part of the font-file itself

1.2 Let the users set the icon themselfs--> Maybe collect the information in a DB to let affinity be able to give the information in the future??

2. Give the possibility to create your own Font category, this would have the advantedge that you could not only sort your fonts by license / no license but also sort them for different styles like modern, vintage, crazy......whatever you would like to call them. 

3. Do both the icon and the license icon, since both information do not exclude themselfs ;)

The way I see it there are only different lists behind the buttons --> All, Recent ,Favorite and used. So why not give the opportunity to create more that one of your own lists :)

keep up the good work

Peet@MD

Edited by Peet@MD
Missing/wished for feature