Aequanimous

You don't have to be mad

Welcome to the forum.

A really nice composition using, what looks like, a lot of different techniques.

One concern I have, and it's a very small one, would be with the shadows.
On the nurse, the shadow of the hat seems to be missing; a minor issue that only someone being picky would notice.
And on the pinned photos, the shadow seems to be a bit too 'uniform'. For example, if the photo was pinned on the right, would it show as much shadow as a photo that was pinned to the left? And would the shadow of each photo be exactly the same size/shape as the photo? Again, I'm being very picky but I'm still trying to teach myself to look at this sort of thing from a "how would it look in real life" perspective so I spot it more often than I might otherwise.

My other concern is that the nurse's arms don't look to be drawn with as much detail as the rest of the subject. They're a bit too '2D'. Not a massive problem, just something I noticed.

All said and done though, a very nice bit of work that I would have been very pleased to have put together myself.

Gary,

Thanks for the welcome. 

You've a keen eye. Well spotted. All your points are valid and worthy of note. I appreciate you taking the time.

Cheers.

The first I spotted was little marker could easily slip out of that straight jacket so there is a logical flaw there, the straight jacket marker has shading wrong on the main body, it should be darker on the right, in fact all of the shading on it should be flipped, the nurses right arm isn't casting a shadow onto straight jacket marker the shadow on the Red Cross is wrong, it's going in the opposite direction to the other shadows, the nurse markers body would probably have a darker colour (shading) to the right side of the pale pencil line running top to bottom, the eye would have a shadow.

The arms just don't gel with the image and for a nurse it's a bit ripped lol!

The devil's in the detail and you have to have consistency to make it look right.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-12, - iPad2 iOS 9.35 B|  Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials - Public Domain Images

19 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

The devils in the detail

*devil’s

;)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.4 (iPad Air 2)

TV was rubbish tonight so I decided to have a doodle 3D'ing robonurse lol!

25866218_Robonurse.png.a58ad2799300ee8d95d43b16d1bdbc59.png

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-12, - iPad2 iOS 9.35 B|  Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials - Public Domain Images