You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A couple of issues regarding the glyph browser.

1. It seems that to add into the document a character one needs to double click the character in the glyph browser. Fortunately I am alright with that, but some people can have a problem with double clicking.

Whilst keeping double clicking for the convenience of many users, could you possibly add below the panel a button labelled "Insert selected character into text" that operates in parallel please, so that a user of the software may either double click or click the button as he or she chooses?

2. Today I was using a font that I made that has one and only one character in the Private Use Area.

When I looked for that character under the All selection it was not displayed. Yet when I looked under the Private Use Area selection it was there.

I have other fonts that I have made that have many character in the Private Use Area and those I have used in Affinity Publisher have the Private Use Area characters displayed with the All selection.

Is this a bug?

The font is attached.

William

italicizermaquette.otf

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

Thank you for your reply.

I checked again but it is not displayed for me.

I am using Windows 10.

Are you using Windows or a Mac please?

As there are two different finding can some other readers check this please and report their findings in this thread, stating whether they are suing Windows or a Mac please?

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

I'm using Windows 10 and it shows up in the "All" section.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

7 hours ago, William Overington said:

I am using Windows 10.

32 minutes ago, LibreTraining said:

I am using Windows 7 x64.

2 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

I'm using Windows 10

To avoid having to remember to include that information when you post, you can put your system specs in your forum signature. To do this, go to your Account Settings page where you’ll find a ‘Signature’ link.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank you.

I have now added that information.

I was intending to post this to try it out, but I have since noticed that it has acted retrospectively on my previous posts already.

William

42 minutes ago, Alfred said:

To avoid having to remember to include that information when you post, you can put your system specs in your forum signature. To do this, go to your Account Settings page where you’ll find a ‘Signature’ link.

Which works unless one has shut off viewing signatures. Which I have done as there are a few members who have extremely long signatures. 

58 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Which works unless one has shut off viewing signatures. Which I have done as there are a few members who have extremely long signatures. 

Two thoughts:

1. It also doesn't help anyone viewing the forums on a small screen, as the responsive forum design omits the signatures.

2. You can hide specific user's signatures. It doesn't have to be all or none.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

8 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Two thoughts:

1. It also doesn't help anyone viewing the forums on a small screen, as the responsive forum design omits the signatures.

2. You can hide specific user's signatures. It doesn't have to be all or none.

Yes for number 1. I usually peruse the forum using either phone or tablet. And switch to the desktop only to post screen shots or verify something.

As for number 2, I chose to simply hide 'em all. Chalk it up to continuity of the viewing experience.